Friday 31 January 2014

Welcome to Grade 11/12 PE!

Grade 11/12 PE at Sullivan Heights is a participation based multi-grade class in which we will participate in various team sports and individual activities.  We will be participating in block-wide fitness on Tuesdays and Fridays, where as senior students, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and take initiative. We are also planning various field trips in the community that will offer you the opportunity to partake in activities that you may not have tried on your own, such as martial arts, dance, spin classes, zumba, cycling, kayaking and hiking the grouse grind.

Creating and maintaining a PE blog will act as an online portfolio & journal of your progress in this course throughout the semester.  Part of your assessment in the course will include recording, reflecting on & providing evidence of your progress & effort on your blog as well as completion of various blog assignments.

Once you have created your PE blog, please complete your first blog assignment by copy and pasting the questions into your blog (and answering them):




My Personal Profile


*I registered for this course because…

* My favorite part of PE is…

*I think my current current level of fitness is…

*My previous personal best beep test is...

*I am currently doing the following things to be active (outside of PE)…

*Things that PHYSICALLY prevent me from doing exercise (i.e. medical, injury)

*Things that MENTALLY prevent me from doing exercise (i.e. energy, time)

*My eating habits are…

*I Want to be able to learn more about…

*I want to improve my abilities in… (ex. fitness, communication, positive impact)

*Outside school activities I’d like to try are...

*My fitness goals for the semester are…

*My personal character goals are...


No comments:

Post a Comment