Monday 22 April 2013

Personal Bests

Since Friday, I have posted 2 personal bests in fitness.  On Friday in our beep test, I ran a 13.9 for the first time.  My next closest beep had been 13.4 which I had done once this year and before that it was when I was teaching the first year of Super Fit in the fall of 2010.  I have run a ton of beep tests since then, so I'm sure some of the improvement is due to more efficient technique.  I had also taken the day before off of running entirely, so my legs felt great.  It feels good to see improvements, because I know that at some point, I won't be able to do as well as I used to.  It won't be for lack of effort or training - fitness is very important to me - but because I am 37 and the time will come when I will run into physical constraints that will be limiting.  Oh, life.

My second personal best came at the Sun Run on Sunday.  I have been putting in lots of kilometers of running & training, not necessarily for the Sun Run, but just because I like doing it.  The process of training itself makes me feel happy.  My chip time for the 10 k was 44:55.  Two years ago my Sun Run time was 49 min, so I am pretty stoked about that improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment