Thursday 24 January 2013

Active Learners - Letter Grades

For everyone writing an Active Learning Reflection - please suggest a letter grade (A, B, C+, C, C- or I) that best fits your progress in class so far this year.  Use the information your have written in your reflection to help you.  This is all part of the process of you and I working together to construct a grade for you in a class where YOU are the one who knows what your effort has been like every day, how you have worked with your classmates, how you have pushed yourself.  All of those things are difficult to quantify (put into grades or numbers) which is why we are trying to create a grade based on thoughtful reflection, frequent feedback and talking / dialogue with your teacher.
Thanks for all of you who have sent me the link to your blog - please do that even if you have not posted anything yet.  I have started commenting on the blog reflections that you have written and will have a chance to speak with you tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday about the semester end.

Great job so far, I am really enjoying reading them!  Email me with any problems / concerns.

Ms. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment